Saturday, March 5, 2011

Opal Creek


Opal Creek is the first commissioned piece that I have done. I did this for a woman that had first seen my art at the Salem Saturday Market in 2005. The following summer she commissioned a piece for her house. I used a picture that one of her friends had taken years before underwater at Opal Creek. She loved the original photograph, and she had started to incorporate colors from the photograph into her home. It was a treat to do this painting for her. The painting was 30" x 40". I tried to give the idea that the rocks were underwater, so there seems to be a lot of movement in this piece. There is a high level of detail, as I wanted each rock to be unique and stand apart from the others. The beautiful colors are quite true to the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment