Monday, March 28, 2011

Snoqualmie Falls


I've been working on some new paintings. Here is the latest one that I finished. It's currently hanging in my living room so that I can collect my thoughts on it. I love putting a painting on the wall as soon as it's ready so that I can look at it, ponder it and decide what I think about it. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. If I had more artist friends, I might check. Sometimes I will change something about a painting once I have time to look at it on the wall. I usually leave them as they are. I'm not a fan of editing. This is true about most types of editing. Not a fan. I like the big picture, I like the process but I do not enjoy going through and checking for errors. I could probably work on that.


When I started painting this, I had just finished a few different fruit/veggie paintings that had not a trace of blue, so I was literally giddy about painting with blue. I didn't know that it was possible to have such strong emotions about a color. I grinned from ear to ear as I was putting blue onto the canvas. I must have really missed that color.


This painting took some twists and turns along the way, but I think that I'm happy with the finished product.


I took the original photo at Snoqualmie Falls in Washington. It's a beautiful place. I hope some of that beauty is evident in this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment