Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One brush stroke at a time







Paint on my nose and on the doorknobs is a good sign, at least in our house. It means that something creative is happening in my painting dungeon, or as it's more commonly known, the garage. I was suddenly misplaced when my son was born. We decided that he needed a bedroom more than I needed a painting room. Parents are known for making these difficult decisions...

My new veggie painting is finished. Now if it only had a name. Naming paintings is my most least favorite part of painting. It's high on my short list of not-fun things involved in the artistic process, along with scrubbing paint off my nose. I would call each of them "untitled" if I could get away with it. But even "untitled" is a name.

New veggie painting #2 is underway. I had some serious pleasure painting broccoli today, but green is quite the stubborn color. There will be other delicious foods involved...carrots, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower. And some not so yummy cabbage, but it adds an interesting color so I'm including it despite objections from my taste buds.

I keep reminding myself "a little bit is better than none" as I try to squeeze in time painting between working full-time and being a mom to a toddler. I'm trying to take the advice that I give people who are struggling with exercise. A little exercise is better than none. Little by little the paint adds to the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment